Sunday, July 20, 2014

Mount Airy

This week is Mt. Airy known for its huge park and water tower.  A map of Mt. Airy’s location is below.


Again neighborhood signs are a good place to start to see how the neighborhood chooses to identify itself.  See Mt. Airy’s below.

No surprise there.  Here is a photo of the famed water tower.


So the flag must have the water tower on it.  This is where my lack of artistic skills really hit me.  I tried recreating the tower in Paint but it looked terrible.  So then I used this Aberdeen flag with a castle on it as the basis for remaking the water tower out of it.

I moved things around to resemble the water tower more and got this.

FLAG 1

Then I tried to use the green from their neighborhood sign and to represent Mt. Airy Forest.   I also lifted the border from the Quebec City flag because it added to the castle feel (the city still has some old defensive walls around it) and it is just a great flag.  Let’s take a moment to appreciate the awesome Quebec City flag below

And here is my flag stealing from Aberdeen and Quebec City

FLAG 2

It would be great if someone could do a nice simple version of the water tower that did it more justice but that’s what you’re going to get from me.  Not a lot to choose from this week.

Comments and suggestions below please.  And don’t forget to vote!

1 comment:

  1. I like it in green, but agree that a simplified tower design would help

    ReplyDelete